Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Pope visits Africa, reaffirms ban on condoms- Seriously?

I cannot believe what I read sometimes but then again nothing should surprise me anymore. Let me give you the highlights of this article...

Pope Benedict XVI refuses to soften the Vatican's ban on condom use: Seriously? This coming from a man who has never had sex, never had to deal with the threat of children and not only that but your saying this in a country that is so riddled with AIDS and HIV. Its almost like saying by all means please spread the disease and lets hope you all die.

The Catholic Church has long been on the front line of HIV care, he said, adding that it is probably the largest private provider of HIV care in the world.- Of course they are! If you are going to tell people dont use condoms as it could possibly help stop or slow the spread of AIDS or HIV you better provide something for them for it!

More than 22 million people in sub-Saharan Africa are infected with HIV, according to a 2008 UNAIDS/WHO report. Nine out of 10 children with HIV in the world live in the region, which has 11.4 million orphans because of AIDS, the report said, and 1.5 million people there died of the disease in 2007 - Wow! Why would you listen to the pope? I certainly wouldnt...I dont care who he is. Get with the times Mr. Pope and realize that your 1rst Century ideas dont bode well for your followers.

1 comment:

Joel said...

Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you about a broken link on your site. Please email me back and I would be happy to point them out to you.

Thanks!

Joel
JHouston791@gmail.com